Wednesday, April 15

vacation rentals

I really want to spend a week in an Outer Banks, NC house. I've always wanted to. Wild horses, house with a kajillion decks, 4wd-access only, secluded beach--all of these things sound awesome. I've been on vrbo.com looking at these places and they look awesome. I'd like the following breakdown:
-3 or 4 couples, or not - really just 6-10 people.
-No kids (unless they are babies and super-cool and fun).
-Dogs. Mine and at least one other. But they should all get along. This is a key problem in one couple I'd like to vacation with. Their dog is not nice. Especially to other dogs. Here's the problem with this plan:
1. Picking who goes. All the mens and all the womens need to get along. Even better if all the sexes can intermingle (not in a dirty way!)
2. Getting all those people to be able to take a week off work at the same time.
3. Figuring out the organizer in this grand scheme of things. I would do so, but not sure if I can hack it. People annoy the shit out of me and I don't like dealing with minutia that belongs to others.
4. I don't think I know anyone with a 4wd. Renting such a vehicle would be expy$$.
Really, these are not huge problems - just more effort-filled tasks that I don't want to do.

Moral of this stupid-ass story: Someone should invite me, my husband and my dog on an Outer Banks vacay.

1 comment:

Joisey Mike said...

Now I'm going to waste half the day on VRBO. Some of those places are cooler than cool.